Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Good Year in Music


So Christina Aguilera pretty much kicked off the beginning to what I consider a really exciting year of music to look forward to (and while Christina may be getting mixed reviews I was happy to receive new music and there are definitely some fun songs on that album.)

Next is Katy Perry (pictured above and looking fabulous as usual) with her new album Teenage Dream coming out in August 24th, which is way too far away already. I am so excited about it because you can tell, simply by that picture, how full of color she is, which is a lot of the reason why I admire her. She really embodies fun, and I'm wishing she would hurry up because why do we have to an album about fun and color and dreams at the end of the summer? We need it now so we can play it before jumping in the pool! Ah well. Can't wait.

Something I just found out yesterday, which inspired me to go ahead and write this post so I could keep track of it all, is Sara Bareilles's new album which we've been waiting for four years. The title is Kaleidoscope Heart and it will be released September 7th. Sara's last album was amazing, she's one of those rare artists who can sing and play her own instruments and doesn't need a single ounce of production help to make it right. We've been waiting too long for a second album, and thankfully here it comes.

And since we don't know much about the rest, I'll throw them together at the same time: Britney, Gaga, the Decemberists, and No Doubt are all working on new albums for release. Gaga in spring 2011, the rest I don't know but I can guess Britney might be winter 2010. I'm so happy to hear about the Decemberists recording because I can't get enough of their work. No Doubt has been hinting about their new album for a long time, so I have high hopes I'll be wowed when it finally comes.

In addition, I want to pimp out my two favorite artists I've discovered this summer. Two lovely ladies: Marina and the Diamonds (a solo artist, the diamonds are her fans), and Ida Maria. Both wonderful, both very different, and both have sultry unique voices. Check out Marina's Mowgli's Road, Shampain, Are You Satisfied, and I Am Not A Robot. From Ida Maria, listen to Oh My God (soon to be in the new Rock Band 3, I'm so so happy about that), Morning Light, I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked, and Louie. I'm totally serious, I am so glad I ran across these two ladies and their debut albums because they are my new favorites. Love them.

Also, excuse my previous absence, I had to graduate college and all that. Back now!

No comments:

Post a Comment