
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Often on the favorites list of anyone you know, definitely on mine, and a movie that reinforces that Kate Winslet is flawless beyond all shadow of a doubt. Her character Clementine is very much an example of what I wish I could be. Someone who is fully devoted to filling every aspect of their life with color and beauty and fun. I need that.

Marie Antoinette. A lot of people haven't seen this or may not have been interested but please give it a chance. I love this movie. It has some of the most beautiful costumes, jewelry, makeup, cinematography, and of course set (because damn it, it's the actual Versailles) you could ever ask for. And the modern soundtrack is a nice twist. I couldn't get over all the pastel colors and the pastries and the feathers and the flowers. One of my favorite parts of the film is when they are out in the fields waiting for the sun to rise. Amazing lighting and all I want to do is be out there with them. I wish I could live in this world...just for a little while. Gardens and fabrics and dogs. And the opening shot, pictured above, is just perfect.
What a beautiful time we had with these delicious movies! They are definitely eye candy. The depth and levels in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind gets me every time. I always see something new. And thank you for exposing me to Marie Antionette! It was definitely quite colorful and something grand to behold. Those costumes are insane! Also, I love that scene, too. Absolutely gorgeous. If I could be back in that time, I would love to have been a guy and have a horse. But, ppfffftt, you know me....
ReplyDelete